In the early postnatal days it can be incredibly helpful to have experienced, non judgemental and nurturing support whilst you heal from birth and get to know your baby.
Each Postnatal Support package is tailored to your personal needs and wishes. You can book it
whilst you are still pregnant, or after you baby has arrived. They also make great presents for extended families wishing to provide the gift of caring support to a new mother.
When we plan your support package, you can choose from the following list of options in advance, or we can book time slots and just see what is most helpful at the time.
- Postnatal yoga– suitable right from birth (including Caesarean birth), heal and strengthen the pelvic floor and abdominal area, stretch out the aches and pains, breath deep, relax and restore
- Caesarian Birth Healing -Yoga and massage to assist with effective healing in the surface scar and the deeper layers as well. Simple stretches and breath techniques can help to restrengthen the abdominal tissues and pelvic floor and also helps to prevent adhesions forming. This kind of work is best done once the external scar is healed and no longer painful or swollen. I will teach you how to safely and effectively massage your own scar.
- Newborn Behavioural Observation (NBO). This is a session where we do some activities with your baby to learn more about them, strengthening your relationship and confidence and how to respond to them effectively. Suitable from birth -10weeks. More info here
- Debriefing from birth so you feel you can process your experiences and look back with a feeling of acceptance. In some cases doing some Birth Trauma release work might be helpful
- Baby massage lessons– Skin to skin is the gold standard care for new babies, and baby massage continues this on through their early lives, whilst providing parents with a joyful bonding practise that can help baby with digestion, sleeping and optimal development.
- Baby Yoga- Baby yoga follows on beautifully from baby massage, providing opportunities for playful movement to aid all elements of baby’s development and build confidence in parents.
- Feeding support – helping you find comfort and confidence with feeding.
- Emotional support and Companionship. Transitioning to being a parent is often a rollercoaster! There are intense joys, and there can be intense vulnerability too. Many new mothers feel can isolated and overwhelmed. Encouragement, understanding, being listened to and nurtured makes the journey SO much easier.
- Practical Support – holding your baby whilst you sleep/shower/ have a moment to yourself. Helping with cooking, shopping, other tasks so you can hold your baby and rest.
- Meditation and mindfulness practices for early parenting.
Booking – all sessions currently online
1 x 1 hour session
1 X 2 hour session
6 (or more) x 2 hour sessions
£240 (£40 per session/£20ph)
to be taken within 6 months of booking
All sessions take place in the comfort of your own home- talking sessions can be taken whilst we walk with your baby if that’s what the day calls for. For bookings North of the A14, East of the M11 or South of Great Shelford/ Fulbourn, mileage is charge at 45p per mile past the first 5 miles.
Please note I am often teaching and can not answer the phone. If you leave me a message or email we can arrange a time to have a quick chat about the possibility of working together. All phone calls and correspondence are treated in the strictest confidence.